If you’re like me, then you’ve probably spent a lot of time thinking about how to keep your skin healthy and beautiful. I’ve tried all kinds of products, diets, and beauty regimens—and some have worked better than others. But the one thing that I’ve learned from all my trial-and-error is that there’s no magic potion or secret ingredient that will give you great skin on its own. Great skin comes from a lifestyle that treats your body well. That means eating well, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep each night, avoiding stress as much as possible and taking good care of yourself in general (not just your face). Here are nine simple ways to make sure your body is giving back what it takes out!
Exfoliate 1-2x per week
Exfoliating is one of the best ways to improve skin elasticity and maintain your youthful appearance. It’s also a great way to get rid of dead skin cells, which can prevent your skin from absorbing nutrients as well as it should. Exfoliation improves circulation, which helps bring oxygen and other nutrients to the surface of your body. This makes for healthier looking skin that is less prone to wrinkles or sagging in general.
WOW Skin Science
WOW Skin Science Ultimate Vitamin C Facial Kit
Get Ultimate Vitamin C Skin Care Kit for skin-brightening and natural suppleness with WOW Skin Science 20% Vitamin C Face Serum, WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Skin Mist Toner, WOW Skin Science Brightening Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash and WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Cream.
Exfoliation can be done with a scrub or washcloth, depending on what kind you prefer (or if you want both). The best time to exfoliate is right after showering so that all traces of dirt have been washed away before applying any products like moisturizer or sunscreen!
Massaging your face is a good way to relax, reduce stress and increase circulation. It can also help with lymphatic drainage, which helps keep skin looking healthy. Facial massage is especially beneficial for people who work long hours at a computer or in front of the TV; this type of activity leads to muscle tension that can lead to puffy eyes and bags under them.
Exercise is one of the best ways to keep your skin looking young and healthy. It helps reduce stress, which can lead to more wrinkles as you age. Exercise also helps you sleep better, improves your mood, reduces your risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease (which can cause sagging) and keeps you at a healthy weight so that gravity doesn’t pull on all those loose skin cells as much over time.
What’s more: You don’t have to be an athlete or spend hours working out every day for these benefits! Even something as simple as walking regularly will help improve elasticity in your skin.
Eat plenty of vitamin C
If you’re looking for a way to improve skin elasticity, vitamin C could be your answer. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect against UV damage and also helps with collagen production. Here are some examples of foods high in vitamin C:
- guava (1 cup) – 230% DV
- orange (1 medium) – 117% DV
- red bell pepper (1/2 cup) – 98% DV
You should aim for at least 75mg per day for best results!
Smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your skin and overall health. Smoking causes wrinkles, dullness, acne, premature aging and even skin cancer. It also makes it harder for blood vessels to bring nutrients to the surface of your skin so that it can stay firm and smooth–which means less elasticity!
Stop Smoking Today
Cipla Nicotex Nicotine Transdermal Patch
The patch releases Nicotine into the body for 24 hours. As the patch is effective for 24 hours, you only need to wear one patch a day. The patch can be worn under your clothes, which will ensure that it remains hidden from others.
Smokers are 60% more likely to abstain from smoking after using the patch.
If you’re a smoker looking for ways to improve elasticity naturally then we recommend taking up yoga or Pilates classes–these activities will help increase blood flow while strengthening muscles around joints which helps prevent sagging as well as increasing flexibility in general which reduces chances of injury while also improving posture (which itself has been shown scientifically).
Drink lots of water
While drinking water can’t magically turn back the clock, it can help your skin look and feel younger. Water helps to flush toxins from the body, which means it’s great for improving skin elasticity. That’s why drinking enough water–about 6 to 8 cups per day for women and close to 9 cups per day for men–can help prevent wrinkles and acne as well as dryness.
Sleep enough at night
One of the most important things you can do to improve and maintain your skin’s elasticity is to get enough sleep.
Sleep deprivation has been shown to cause premature aging, which includes lessening of skin tone and elasticity. In fact, lack of sleep has been linked with increased inflammatory markers in the body that cause fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
While it may seem like getting enough shut-eye isn’t something we have much control over, there are ways you can improve your quality of sleep so that you wake up feeling refreshed instead of exhausted:
- Stick to a regular bedtime schedule – Try going to bed at 10 pm every night (or whatever time works best for your schedule) so that both body and mind know what time they should be winding down each night. If possible, avoid screens 30 minutes before bedtime because they emit blue light which suppresses melatonin production (which helps us fall asleep).
- Avoid caffeine after noon – Drinking coffee after lunch may help keep us alert during meetings but too much caffeine can actually interfere with our ability to fall asleep later in the day because it increases adrenaline levels which causes anxiety or restlessness at night when trying to rest peacefully without worrying about deadlines dueling through our minds!
Wear sunscreen (even in the winter)
Sunscreen is important all year round, not just during the summer. Sunscreen should be applied 20 minutes before going outdoors and should be reapplied every two hours or after swimming or sweating excessively. Wearing sunscreen is the best way to protect your skin from UV rays and prevent premature aging of the skin.
Protect your Skin
Minimalist SPF 50 Sunscreen
A light weight, moisturiser-meets-sunscreen. This broad spectrum SPF 50 with PA++++ rating, has a very light texture that spreads easily & disappears leaving behind a natural, moisturized, non-shiny look. Loaded with Vitamins A, B, E & F that help repair skin and minimize damage caused by UV exposure
A hat with a wide brim, sunglasses that block 100% UVA and UVB rays (look for one with “UV400” printed on it), long-sleeved shirts and pants as well as long skirts are also helpful in protecting your face from harmful rays when you’re outside in the sun. Avoid being out between 10am and 4pm when UV rays are strongest; instead go out early morning or late afternoon when they’re less intense.
Be nice to Yourself
The first thing to do is to be nice to yourself. Don’t be too hard on yourself, and don’t compare yourself to others. It’s easy for us all to get caught up in social media, but it can lead us down a rabbit hole of insecurity and self-loathing if we’re not careful. So take some time out each day just for you – whether it’s going for a walk or having coffee with friends, make sure that part of your day is spent focusing on what makes YOU happy!
Great skin comes from a Lifestyle
Great skin comes from a lifestyle that treats your body well.
You can’t just do one thing and expect great results. Skin elasticity is a combination of many factors, including genetics, diet and exercise habits, hormonal balance (both menopausal and menstrual), smoking habits and even how often you wash your face with soap or cleanser that contains harsh ingredients such as sulfates.
Cleanse Your Face
Face Wash by Cetaphil 250 ml
- IDEAL FOR DRY TO NORMAL SENSITIVE SKIN: Non-Comedogenic, Hypoallergenic formula free from Parabens, Sulphates, Fragrances & Oils
- GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER: Formulated with Micellar Technology that gently yet effectively removes dirt, makeup and impurities; PROTECTS AGAINST DRYNESS: Clinically proven to provide continuous hydration leaving the skin hydrated after cleansing
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED: Blend of Niacinamide, Vitamin B5 and Hydrating Glycerin to reinforce skin’s natural moisture barrier even after repeat washes
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Defends against dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier
To improve the health of your skin on the inside out:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables in all forms–fresh juices are best! Not only do they taste great but they also offer antioxidants which help fight free radicals that damage cells within our bodies causing them to age faster than necessary;
- Get plenty of restful sleep each night and exercise regularly so that toxins released during rigorous activity don’t sit around collecting in the tissues where they can cause irritation over time;
- Drink lots of water throughout each day since dehydration causes dryness which leads directly back into having flaky patches everywhere which no one wants!
These are just a few of the many ways to keep your skin looking fresh and young. I hope that these tips help you improve and maintain your own elasticity!